2013 Tough Rhino will be held Saturday, June 8.
Registration will open in 2013, but save the date now! Come on out and join us to run with the rhinos!
Participating as a team is awesome! Not only do you get to work your way through the course with some of your best mates you’ll also save $5 per team member!
Want some cold, hard cash?
If you feel you have what it takes to run with the big rhinos then by all mean step up your game by entering the competitive division where you can compete for some moolah! Cash prizes will be given to the fastest team, top 3 male and female as well as the fastest in each age group.
Age Groups male and female
Tough Rhino has the following age groups for men and women in the solo competitive division:
Please note each wave consists of people from every age group. You may register for any available wave regardless of your age. Just choose the time you’d prefer to race when registering.
Chip timing is used to record your time. The chip acts as a miniature transponder and is marked with a unique identification number corresponding to each racer. Participant’s time is automatically recorded when crossing the electronic equipment at the start and finish.
Make sure your chip is positioned low to the ground (below the knee) and stays tightly attached to your shoe at the start and finish of the race in order to receive your time. To secure your chip:
- Un-lace one of your shoes half-way.
- Weave both laces through the open sides of the chip.
- Re-lace your shoe tightly. Due to the intensity of the Tough Rhino, double-knotting is highly recommended.
Shoes don’t have laces? Zipties will be available on site at the waiver tent to assist in securing your chip.
- Completion of all Tough Rhino obstacles may be hazardous. It is the responsibility of the participant to leave the course if they are unable to complete an obstacle.
- Course officials are stationed at every obstacle for participant safety.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to notify course officials if the participant feels their safety is in danger or they are injured.
- Any participant who receives assistance from any spectator or non-competitor on any obstacle shall be ineligible to receive an award.
- We mix up the challenge with belly-crawling, wall-climbing, mud-slogging, ice-water dunking, monkey-bar traversing, huge slip n’ slides, fire jumping, rope climbing, etc.
- Click here to see the Tough Rhino Mud Run Course Map
Rules & Guidelines
The following rules and guidelines are intended to help create a fun and safe event for all participants.
- Participants must abide by all instructions given from the race director, race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
- Participants understand and acknowledge Tough Rhino is an extreme event and accept all risks associated with the event.
- Participants must be physically able to complete the course and all obstacles.
- Participants must be 14 years-old or older on race day in order to participate.
- Participants must wear the provided Tough Rhino bib number clearly shown on the front. No participant will be allowed to race without an official bib number.
- Several videographers and photographers are stationed along the course. Participants agree to allow the event producer (NW Endurance Sports) to use any pictures or video footage of the event for future promotional purposes.
- Baby joggers, baby strollers, in-line skates, bicycles, skateboards or any other type of wheeled device are strictly prohibited on the course.
- Urinating or defecating on or anywhere near the course is strictly prohibited.
- Registration is closed when the maximum capacity is reached.
- Tough Rhino medical personnel may examine any participant who appears to be injured or suffering. The medical personnel may remove any participant from the event if in the opinion of the medical personnel the participant needs to be removed.
- Participants assume all responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of training and/or participating in Tough Rhino, including but not limited to hospitalization, ambulance transportation or physician services.
- NW Endurance Sports reserves the right to cancel or delay the race due to severe weather or in the event of a disaster.
- We highly recommend participants wear running shoes. Participants should dress appropriately.